It is every students dream to enroll and study in the University of the Philippines or UP and be recognized as one of the “Iskolar ng Bayan” or “Isko.” Even though the university has quite a reputation in nurturing students that was eventually turned into activist, the university prides itself with the same students as these very students embodied the academic excellence and love for country that the university promotes.
However, as amazing as it sounds, it is not that easy to enter UP. This university only admits the most competent student. Only those who displayed academic excellence in their years of high school will be given the opportunity to take the admission exam in this university which is the University of the Philippines College Admission Test also known as UPCAT.
The good news is, if you are qualified to take the exam and have completed the requirements, then you no longer have to endure the hassle of falling in super long lines, or travelling for an hour to pass an application to take the UPCAT because UP has already adapted to this computer and technology centered generation. You may now process your UPCAT application online. Below is the step by step procedure in applying for UPCAT online.
How to apply to UPCAT Online
- Fill out the application Form 1 either manually or thru online for the UPCAT Application for Freshman Admission. To apply online you need to:
- Visit the UP website up.edu.ph or proceed directly to UPCAT application site https://upcatonline.up.edu.ph.
- Fill out the UPCAT Form 1 with your complete and accurate information online. To log in to your application account, an email address will be required to receive the notification regarding your application.
- Have a printed copy or pdf copy of your UPCAT Form 1 and Form 2
- Place you signature in the appropriate boxes provided in Forms 1 and 2
Reminder: In processing your application online, you must use a laptop or pc, not a mobile phone or tablet. Make sure that you have a stable internet connection. Also, make sure to use legal size (8.5X 13) bond paper in printing Forms 1 and 2.