The Marungko Approach is designed to equip Grade one pupils the necessary materials to improve their achievement in reading. Likewise, it seeks to develop a training model to enhance teachers’ competence in the teaching of reading in the primary grades most especially in Grade one.
The goal of this strategy in reading is to enable grade one pupils to instill in their minds to appreciate the songs and poems created for Filipino children and eventually to communicate in written and oral forms through effective reading instruction.
The Marungko approach provides materials to the success in teaching reading. Hand signs of different letters in the alphabet are being taught in this technique.
Letters and sound of the letters are introduced in songs and poems .Hence, the pupils would have fun singing and reciting the poems and at the same time they would be able to recognize or read the words easily.
AVAILABLE RESOURCES FOR “MARUNGKO APPROACH” Download here
- Ang Marungko Approach Sagot sa Mabilisang Pagkatuto ng mga Bata sa Pagbasa
- Ang Pagtuturo ng Panimulang Pagbasa Gamit ang Marungko Approach
- MARUNGKO APPROACH (Pagtuturo sa Pagbasa)
- Pagtuturo ng Pagbasa Gamit ang Marungko Approach (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Reading Material for Non-Readers using Marungko Approach
With this technique, it helped us a lot in achieving a Zero Non-Reader in our class.